1969-1970, Tomei had this Nissan Cedric 130, again it was sporting the #84 race number.
This photo was taken back in 1970. The event was a race event at Fuji Speedway at the time. The reason why this photo was memorable for us was because Seiichi Suzuki-san beat Tiny Lund.
Tiny Lund was a 1963 Daytona 500 winner, and a winner of the 300km stock car race at Fuji in March 1970.
Suzuki won the Japan stock car championship from 1969 to 1971 and raced at Daytona USA from 1969 to 1971.
Here is an old photo that shows Seiichi Suzuki, racing in the #59 Mercury Cougar, in the US.
This video is not of the same race, but the same year. I’ve put this video here just to give you an idea of the atmosphere at the time. This video is of the JAF Grand Prix. Different race series but the same track. Classic Fuji Speedway.
– 1968 – No. 84 Cedric
– 1970 – No. 84 Cedric 130
– 1971 – No. 84 Tomei Maruzen-Technica Cedric 230
– 1974 – All Japan Formula Junior 1300 Championship
– 1981-1982 – Nissan Silvia S110 S12 Part 1
– 1981-1984 – Nissan Silvia S110 S12 Part 2
– 1982 – Nissan Silvia Turbo Gr.5 Model
– 2001 – Tomei BNR34 GTR Drag Car in Sendai