For the vintage Nissan/Datsun fans, The #84 Cedric race car.
This photo was taken back in 1968. 1968 was a very important year for Tomei as it was the year the company was established. So yes Tomei has been around “that” long. This race car was raced in the “All Japan Stock Car Race” series at the time.
This NISSAN Cedric 30 factory delivered engine was removed, and a U20 engine that was taken from a DATSUN Sport SR311. So this U20 Tomei race prepped engine was dropped in. I guess the engines during this time were really more fitting for the “GENESIS” title.
This is what the DATSUN Sport SR311 looked like,
DATSUN Sport SR311
the heart donor for our CEDRIC 30 Gladiator.
Why is it special to TOMEI?
This stock car race was held in Japan from 1968 till 1971. This race event series was the first series we had participated in.
– 1968 – No. 84 Cedric
– 1970 – No. 84 Cedric 130
– 1971 – No. 84 Tomei Maruzen-Technica Cedric 230
– 1974 – All Japan Formula Junior 1300 Championship
– 1981-1982 – Nissan Silvia S110 S12 Part 1
– 1981-1984 – Nissan Silvia S110 S12 Part 2
– 1982 – Nissan Silvia Turbo Gr.5 Model
– 2001 – Tomei BNR34 GTR Drag Car in Sendai